Interactive Stories

Hello Friends!

I haven't posted in a long time, because I have been busy making new friends and having fun. If you are new to my blog I want to thank you for coming to visit! I look forward to hearing from you all. I hope everyone has had a wonderful summer, I have been camping, going to concerts and as I said, meeting new friends. I have also been engaging in some fun activities with my new friends that I wanted to share with you. I have done everything, from  "Fork  Fire Works"
to making Alligators.  I even learned to use sand to make volcano's this summer. We have done a lot of sensory play as well this summer. this is actually one of my favorite teaching areas now. Sensory is very flexible. you can create so many different experiences from Messy to wet and everything in between. Sensory play can be used to teach many different subjects. I like to make play dough for my sensory experience and let the children use it to learn everything from colors to nature shapes.  I let the children help by measuring, stirring and pouring and of course their favorite part is the Squishing.  I like to add things like squishy bugs or plastic grass and let the children make their own prints and mixtures.
Another thing I like to use in my class is" Interactive Stories." Like Brown Bear, Brown Bear which are printed and colored are used to teach children color recognition and sequencing.  this helps build attention span as well by allowing the child to engage in the story and listen for their spot in the story instead of just sitting and staring at a page. and story that uses lots of learning skills such as color number or shape placing is a great learning opportunity to engage an student in learning in a hands on way.  One of my favorites is, Go Away Big Green Monster!! this story teaches everything from colors, shapes and even body part recognition.  On top of that it tells a silly story about a "Monster" that is impossible to be afraid of!


Till Next Time
Ms. Theresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"