Play With Your Food ( Playdough, Noodles, Rice and Jello)

Hello Again Friends! Yes I am that teacher (Huge Smile). I encourage my students to play with their food! we paint with it, we run cars through it. We even squish it! This is not only a great way to encourage your children to TRY new things! but it makes the process of experiencing something new FUN! I do however actually use food to teach as well. I like to slice apples of different kinds in the fall and talk about how they all taste different even though the look the same on the inside. ( we also discuss how they Look Different as well). I like to use food for sensory play as well. This is where the PLAYING comes in! I like to make



Jello and put things in it (dino bones is always fun). Then I encourage the children to dig and squish to see what they can find. Jello is also great for playing "I Spy" sensory game. Beans and flour are also great things to use for sensory play and add things to them to change their texture.

'I hope you enjoyed these activities, and if you are interested in receiving more FOR FREE on a weekly basis, Join My 5 Activities For Learning Email Program. I will share 5 activities on a different topic each week for 6 weeks. http://thecreativecampus.weebly.com/free-stuff-a-ways-to-work-with-me.html

Till Next Time,

Ms. Theresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 48 2017 Art and Self Expression

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction