Chica Chica Boom Boom Activities

Hello Again,

I just wanted to write and tell you about an activity I am going to use in class this week. I have created a game for the kids to learn Letters. I have cut out coconuts and put upper case letters on them, which I attached to a "tree" I recommend you use a tree prop or put them on carpet squares that are arranged to look like a tree. ( this is what I will be doing). Have all the children stand up in a circle around the "tree" and sing. Chica Chica Boom Boom what letter do you see?  (have a child pick a letter from the tree and say the letter out loud). Then as a group say "child's name" You picked a____ from the coconut tree! keep going around till ever child has had a turn or all the letters are "picked". for older children you can give each child a bucket or their own tree and have them put each coconut in their basket or on their tree. I will post pictures of the set up once I use it in class.

Have A Great Week!

Theresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening