Practicing Colors With Ice Cream

Hi Everyone!
 
I hope you are all having a wonderful week! I had a wonderful Spring Break and I hope you did as well! Today I wanted to share a fun game with you, that can be turned into an art project as well. I call this "The Ice Cream Game". I usually use this with a whole group, but it would be fun One On One as well. I cut scoops of ice cream from different colored paper. I cut cherries, sprinkles , Whipped Cream, Chocolate topping, Butter Scotch Topping and so on. I put these all in the middle of the circle. I cut and give out bowls as well. Each player gets a turn ( you can use a dice for older children). I make cards with pictures of either "Toppings" or "ice cream" and each player picks one card when its their turn. The group sings the persons name and says which one will you choose? if the card has ice cream they get to pick one scoop. if it has a topping they have to pass their turn until they get ice cream first. Then they can build their Sunday. the play with Ice Cream and Toppings first Wins! you can do the same thing with art. cut all the pieces and let the kids build their own Sunday on paper. gluing it all together. This always proves to be a lot of fun. I hope you Enjoy it as much as we have!
 
 
Theresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening