Learning With Curiosity Boxes

Welcome Back!

I want to share a fun concept with you today. In my class I like to use "Curiosity Boxes" to introduce new topics and skill concepts. This is a fun way to engage students and children in the learning process using games and play. This is a great way to practice using critical thinking and senses as well. I like to Put items in a box or bag that relates to the topic that we are talking about in class that week. Sometimes I have each student come up and put there hand in and only FEEL what's inside. Then proceed to start a group conversation about our "Topic". This gets the children very excited and involved because some of my friends Quickly figure out what it is they felt in the box after we start talking about our topic.  A great example of this is Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See. I like to take Feathers, Fur, and other textures that relate to the animals in the book and let the children feel them without seeing them. They Quickly realize that we are going to be talking about animals and this opens up organic conversation about everything from Their favorite animals to pets they may have at home and so forth. I encourage you to try this concept both at home or in your class if your a teacher .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening