Child Directed Stories



Hi Everyone! today I would like to Talk about using story starters. I like to use these to engage students in learning about a new topic. Showing children pictures of people or objects and asking them either about what is in the picture or asking them to build a story about the object or the activity engages critical thinking Language Development tools.  

 Another fun activity I like to use with young children is picture displays. I like to take apart or reproduce pictures from my favorite repetitive speech stories and post them for the children at their level. I encourage them to say the words to the stories along with me. Some easy ones to use for this are Brown Bear Brown Bear or The Very Hungry Caterpillar. You can even engage the children in creating their own versions of these and picking their own pictures to add to them.  


 The possibilities for using this activity are endless, and can be stretched for all ages. I hope that you come to enjoy this activity as much as I have over the years. I would love to hear about your takes on this. I would love to hear your comments below, and don't forget you can join my FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thecreativecampus/  get access to more ideas not just from me but other wonderful Parents and Educators.

Enjoy!

 Don't Forget! if join my blog and provide me your contact information I will send you a Free Gift Made by me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening