Counting, Color Recogniton and Size Comparison! Apples, Leaves and Pumkins!


Happy Fall Everyone! I love this time of year. There are so many fun learning experiences we gain at this point in the year. Pumpkin's and all their fun textures. Leaves and the different sizes and colors. The learning goes and goes! Because of this I wanted to share with you some fun learning activities I have created around these concepts.
I have a fun leave/ Apple Game that I created when I was working with 3&and 4 year old preschoolers. I made these cute bushels with numbers on them and then I printed Leaves and Apples of different colors and Shapes. I labeled the bushels with numbers as well. Depending on the theme of the week, I lay out the bushels and I provide either the apples or the leaves ad I encourage the children to take turns picking a number card. Then we sing the child's name and say "picked an (color apple) from the apple tree"... and then they put that color in a bucket. Or we say "child's name" picked a certain number of apples from the tree. For the leaves we do the same thing. only we go with colors or number of leaves they pick from the tree.  These are really fun games to play one on one or with a group of children!  I hope you have as much fun with them as I have!


We Will Talk Soon!

Ms. Theresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 48 2017 Art and Self Expression