"Open ended Play" with Dinosours



(Loose Parts) Dinosaurs Invitations To Play and Learn

This is a wonderful theme that stretches across many learning areas. This theme lends itself very well to the “Loose Parts” concept. you can create lots of fun Art, Science and even math. All using the “Small Parts” concept.Dinosaurs and volcanos is  a topic my friends have enjoyed very much over the years. I like to give them Q tips (dinosaur bones) and let them create their own dinosaurs.  Fossils is another fun activity that I like to provide. roll out a small piece of play dough for each person. (let the child choose a object they would like to create a fossil with. ( a sturdy plant piece, a stick  Rocks). let them press it into the play dough and let dry (or bake).  Is there something you might be struggling with? or feeling frustration around while you're creating and engaging at home?  leave me a message and I would love to help in any way I can.

1) Dino Dig (sand)
2) Dino skeleton art
3) Move Like a (name dinosaurs you are studying)

Questions To ask For Extending Learning and Engagement:
1) What Did Dinosaurs Eat?
2) Where did Dinosaurs Live?
3) How Did Dinosaurs Move?








I have an art activity that my friends enjoy doing with this theme. Volcanoes! Let them free paint with Red, Yellow and orange.... then add a volcano shape Or add strips of tissue paper to create a volcano .





and engaging at home?  leave me a message and I would love to help in anyway I can. Leave me a comment and I will answer all your questions.
 If you enjoyed these activities, and would like to receive many more in your Inbox! thecreativecampus.weebly.com Join my FREE 6 Week Program!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 48 2017 Art and Self Expression

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction