"Open Ended Play" with Loose Parts and Construction

I don't know about you! but I love using the Construction theme!
I love to work with the kids to build stuff... and then of course to DESTROY Muahhahah!  Construction can be used in so many fun ways. you can build a cave for pretend play. You can Build Towers in the sand table (hence the DESTROY). They can even build their own house or other building, which is great small motor, eye hand coordination and Art All wrapped into one! If you are looking for more of a full body approach, you can use large blocks and mats, even folding tents to Construct obstacle courses, Make believe play structures.


Construction (Loose parts)

I love this theme because it gets kids moving and communicating. You can turn any learning area into a construction zone (i know that sounds scary, but it doesn't have to be). You can use blocks and encourage children to build life size buildings. You can use art as construction. Sensory experiences can be construction zones as well. Is there something you might be struggling with? or feeling frustration around while you're creating and engaging at home?  leave me a message and I would love to help in anyway I can. Some of my favorite activities are:



1)Build Sand Castles
2)Build a City with Boxes and Recycled Materials
3) Make a house with Shapes



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 48 2017 Art and Self Expression