"Open Ended Play" with Shapes

 Welcome Back Everyone! Using loose parts and shapes together, Now that sounds like endless fun to me. You can learn so many things with this concept. Math, Make Believe, Art. You can use shapes to pretend you are a chef and making food. You can use shapes to make all sorts of fun art. you can even use shapes to learn math. sorting out shapes by size or color. Adding Shapes to create a picture or to complete a pattern. the learning experiences are endless.  you can even go on a "shape Hunt". hide shapes in your yard or any room you use for learning. then give each child a shape they are responsible for finding. then give them a verbal clue where they might find their shape EX: I am something sweet you like to eat, but I am kept on a shelf. (answer: I am an ice cream cone in the pantry).

I hope you enjoyed these activities and if  there something you might be struggling with? or feeling frustration around while you're creating and engaging at home?  leave me a message and I would love to help in anyway I can. Leave me a comment below or email me at fragileangel@wowway.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening