Shape Pie (Math Concept Game)

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to write a little extra post about some activities I have done over this past year that you might enjoy. this one is called " Shape Pie" my friends had fun with this because it was directed completely by them. Make a dice with colors and or shapes ( depending on child's age). Each child gets a roll the dice on their turn, when the roll a Color/ Shape  or both they have to choose and ingredient that is those colors and or shaped and add it to the pie. Ask the child "what are you adding to our pie" encourage them to say it out loud. this keeps going till all the pieces are gone. I recommend making enough shape and color pieces for each child to go twice. I hope you enjoy this activity as much as my friends did, and If you have any different versions you want to share I would love to hear from you!

Enjoy the day
The Creative Campus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening