Changing Weather


Welcome Back Friends!

September is here again! I love this time of the year! not to hot, not to cold, the weather is Just Right! There are so many fun experiences we can have and create this time of year, and I cant wait to share my take on them with all of you. I would Love for you to leave me comments and share your ideas on the things that I post as well. I recently did a fun activity with my friends and I think you and your friends will enjoy this as well.

we made Weather Change Mobiles. We Made a Cloud which you can add rain drops to if you want to show rain clouds and white clouds as different ones. and we chose to make a sun as well. For older friends I would suggest creating snowflakes as well, however my friends wanted to move on to something different and we forgot about the snow. I love to create activities like this because it usually leads to science exploration and extension of play and learning.  Another Activity we did this month is a really fun Tree Activity! this one also combines Process and Product art in one activity. First I let my friends make hand prints on paper using fall color paint. They had lots of fun stamping all over their paper and getting messy.

 Some chose just to smear the colors together and create their own leaves.


Then, we cut the prints out and glued them on a painted trunk. We talked about what made the leaves change from green to different colors and go from soft and smooth, to Crunchy and Rough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 48 2017 Art and Self Expression