Fall Fun and Trees

Happy Fall Everyone!

I hope your September has been great! I cant believe its already over. We had some much fun this month, and I wanted to make sure to share it with you. I also wanted to remind you that if you are ever looking for a fun activity to do with your little ones, you can always email me fragileangel@wowway.com and I will send you free activity ideas. You can even Head over to my website thecreativecampuspreschool.weebly.com and you can inquire about purchasing my programs and even working with my one on one! NOW on to the fun stuff :) . This month we talked about trees and how the leaves are starting to change and the weather is getting cooler.

I provided my friends with real pieces of bark, Play dough and shape beads and encouraged them to create their own trees.
We also talked about things that grow on and live in trees. I provided my friends with Paper Rolls as tree trucks and we made our own trees. We used Leaves, Pine Cones, Twigs and apples. these activities were wonderful creative and small motor experiences that my friends enjoyed over and over again. My friends enjoyed these sensory and science activities so much that they wanted to extend learning into our art area.
First we started with different size rectangles to make our trunks and branches. Then we started to add our Colored Leaves.

 Some of my friends chose to use tissue and glue to create 3D leaves. Some of my friends however, wanted to use paint and sponges to create bright colored leaves and enjoyed "Creating" Their own colors with the paint.
 
I hope you enjoyed these activities and I look forward to hearing your comments about your own versions of these activities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 48 2017 Art and Self Expression

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction