Independant Learning Environments

Independence in the classroom, I believe that all children learn using different methods and because of this we as parents and educators need to offer different experiences that encourage our children and students to learn about the same subject or topic different ways. I believe that doing so  promotes problem solving skills.

 Asking questions about the activities that a child has chosen to engage with encourages children to solve problems independently . Allowing a child to be independent and to figure things out for themselves along side an adult that is observing creates confidence in a child's ability to learn. Confidence pushes them to try new things and to keep trying and learning even when they don't succeed at the first attempt . I also believe that the activities that are provided in a child's learning environment should be  based  on child's skills and needs. this way you are encouraging curiosity, along side educational and developmental progress. I like to provide an activity that I call "Skill Boxes" that reinforce this concept. Sometimes that means play dough and shape cutters. Sometimes they are a game that I have created that teaches a skill. (I have examples of these if your interested you can email me or leave me a comment on Fb). https://www.facebook.com/groups/Thecreativecampus/ I hope this post inspires you to create fun and engaging learning activities for your young friends. I would Love to hear about some of the activities you provide. http://thecreativecampus.weebly.com/programs-products-and-free-content.html Free Content

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"