Open Ended "LooseParts" with Stars and Planets






Stars and Planets (Loose Parts)
 Oh my Stars, are we going to have some fun!  do you have friends who like to learn everything their is to know about stars and plants? I have some fun activities to get them engaged. Let them create their own planet. give them different size circles, and let them design their planet . you can also get them to engage their language skills and creativity. talk to them about their planet and what its like. Dictate what they say . IF some of your friends are more interested in stars over planets, give them some star shapes and night sky colored paper and encourage them to create a starry night sky. These are just a few of my favorite activities for this topic, and I hope you have as much fun with them as I have.

I love this theme, because it offers endless open ended fun and learning. Everyone can find something to enjoy with this theme. It doesn't matter if a child is more drawn to Science, Art  or Hands on construction. There are learning opportunities for everyone. Everyone can enjoy learning about faraway places. Gather a group together and start a discussion. Chances are doing so will lead to creativity and hands on learning.   Is there something you might be struggling with? or feeling frustration around while you're creating and engaging at home?  leave me a message and I would love to help in any way I can. I have listed some of my favorite activities for you to have fun with!


1) Design a Planet  
2) Stars and Planets matching parts
3) Space Sensory Bottles

Questions To ask For Extending Learning and Engagement:
1) Do Things Live On All Of The Planets?
2) What is a star made from?
3) How are other planets different from earth?


What are you looking for a fun idea for right now?  how can I help you create fun learning experiences at home?


 
I hope you enjoyed these activities and if  there something you might be struggling with? or feeling frustration around while you're creating and engaging at home?  leave me a message and I would love to help in anyway I can. Leave me a comment below or email me fragileangel@wowway.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening