Gross Motor/Obstacle Courses


Topic: obstacle Courses and Gross Motor Games

Advice One Use Games To Increased Gross Motor Skills

I believe that using play is the best way to increase your child or students gross motor skills. This allows children to play and have fun with friends and yet they are building strength and coordination. I have a few favorite games that I like to use with my friends, and I encourage you to use them either at home or in your classrooms with your students.

             Advice Two Obstacle Course (Going On a Bear Hunt)

This is a great activity that enforces gross motor skills and coordination. This game is one that can be created in the form of a physical course, or you can simply sit on the floor and go through the motions. Either way it’s a fun experience and uses listening and coordination skills.

Advice Three Keep it In The Air Game

This last game is one that can be uses in many different ways for many different themes. I call it “Keep It In the Air” you can use Balloons, Balls or even Crunched up Paper. The object, is to keep the object in the air until the music stops. The person who can go the longest without it dropping, or starting over Wins Each Round. ( I usually play several times depending on how many participants I have). You can pretend these things are snow balls or clouds or anything that you want to be honest. This is a great movement activity that uses the whole body including “Eye Hand Coordination”.  These are just a few of the fun ways you can encourage Gross Motor Development through play. I hope you enjoyed reading this, and if you are looking for even more ideas, you can head over to my blog The Creative Campus.blogspot.com or my website TheCreativeCampus.Weebly.com where you can get Free content including the Opportunity to work with my one On One.


Thanks For Reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 48 2017 Art and Self Expression