Open Ended Loose Parts!

Under The Sea



I don't know about you, but I love pretty much everything to do with water. So naturally this is a theme that I get really into and enjoy as much as the kids do.


I have had a lot of fun with this theme over the years. there are a lot of movement opportunities as well as hands on experiences with this one. I have listed some of my favorite activities below.



1) Hand Print Fish (string on line with stick)
2)Fish sponges in Shaving Cream Sensory
3) Move Like A (Crab, Whale, Fish)

Questions For Further Learning and Engaging:
  1. What Kinds of animals live in the ocean?
  2. are animals the only living things in the ocean?
  3. what are the biggest and smallest things that live in the ocean?

You can create a lot of fun Dramatic Play situations. You can defiantly do a lot of science and sensory. I love to put sand out and give the kids water, and all sorts of tools. The creative ideas the kids come up with are endless. On of my favorite art activities I think I have ever done on this subject, is a Multi Step Art Project





.








this was totally child directed. and I think the end result came out really cute. you can use any method yo want. (I think tissue paper instead of paint would be really cute as well).







Is there something you might be struggling with? or feeling frustration around while you're creating and engaging at home?  leave me a message and I would love to help in anyway I can.

Your Creativity Producer and Professional Mess Maker!
Theresa @The Creative Campus
email me at fragileangel@wowway.com





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening