Happy Valentines Week!

Hello Friends,

I hope you had a fun Valentines Day! I wanted to share two things with you today. The first thing is a technique that I used this past week. We made scented paint! this was both a science experiment AND an art project that not only turned out amazingly, but the children all had fun doing as well. I took Tempra Paint and I added half a package of cool aid to the matching color. you have to stir it really well to make sure the powder all gets dissolved ( I didn't stir well enough and it turned into play dough at the bottom). The Science part is... that as you dissolve the powder into the paint, it starts to bubble and foam (looks really cool). The children in my class were all amazed!  THEN the fun art part started! I gave the children heart cookie cutters, and I had them dip into the paint mix, and stamp on paper! WOW were the results pretty! check this out.              
 I love how the Kool aid spreads as it soaked the paper. What you cant see from under the colors is what we were actually making! I had given the children papers with fish cut shapes on them and when the kids were done stamping I cut the fish out and this was the end result!
you could add a big google eye just for finishing effect, but I think they turned out super cute. I gave my friends colored hearts to add "textured scales". I will be using this technique in the future, and I cant wait to share my ideas with you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 52 2017 Learning without Books, Tech or Sitting and Listening

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"