Harvest Fun and Fall Leaves

Hello Again Friends,

I just wanted to write to you about a few really fun things we have done in the past few weeks. For me this is the greatest time of the year. I love the chilly air, the leaves pumpkins  and apples. I enjoy doing lots of fun fall art in my class because I get so excited for all. One of my favorite things that we have done is Indian Corn Painting.

First I gave each friend a pre cut corn cob, then I gave them plain and shaped sponges and different color paints.
They enjoyed stamping all over the paper to their hearts content. I have done this with older children as well, only I let the older ones add green husks on the sides, painted with green paint using their hands.

Another Theme I enjoy doing with my friends is Fall leaves and trees. We have done several art activities for this as well. One was egg carton printing trees. I  gave each child a trunk and let them glue it on the paper and stamp the egg cartons all around, Including on the ground.

Then we took the same concept and made Rakes with our hands and Piles on leaves on the ground. Toddlers and Preschoolers really enjoy hands on art and the tactile experience they bring.
 I hope you have enjoyed these fun ideas, and I look forward to talk to you all again soon!

Ms. Theresa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year, A New Concept Theme! "Loose Parts Play"

Week 51 2017 Positive Disipline and Re Direction

Week 48 2017 Art and Self Expression